Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fisa Passes the Senate.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

I guess that doesnt mean much these days.

The FISA Amendments Act of 2008, which would shield companies from lawsuits for helping the government to spy on Americans without warrants, as well as further extend the superlegal powers of the executive branch to spy, without warrant, on american citizens, has passed the Senate 69-28.

69-28

You can get a vote breakdown here. And you can find and let your Senators know what you think here. Though i think it wont be letter they will listen to, as it was not reason, nor was the aforementioned oath they heard when they raised their little raccoon hands and called Yea.

Its a long list, but if someone ever asked if you had names, at least you know where to begin.

PS: dont forget to add one more name when some certain person signs this bill of never ending power to suppress any and all political opposition

ab uno disce omnes

No comments: